Last Updated on
In this blog post, I will point out some of the main reasons why you should start your own blog. I really hope that the list below will encourage you enough to take action.
Should I start a blog?
It depends, why make a blog in the first place?
Do you want to make money, have a blog for your business, or are you doing it just for the pleasure of writing or journaling for yourself?
We have 11 points to cover below, but I specialize in helping people who are trying to go down the money-making or business route in learning why you should start a blog, and how to do it the right way.
If that’s you then I can help you out via email if you get stuck (no, I won’t ask you for money! 🙂 ).
Do You Want To Learn How To Build 6 Figures Authority Sites?
Join This Free Training To...
- Finally have a proven method to finding profitable niches
- Get access to a foolproof keyword research method
- Learn how to outsource quality content
- Learn how to build white hat links to your site without headaches
Here’s what you will need to do:
- Read the instructions on how to start a blog. You don’t have to get set up right now (unless you want to), or I’ll help you learn how to become a blogger via email if you hit the button about the blogging course at the top of this page, but please be aware I will not be showing you how to start a free blog as there is no real profit to be made there. I will, however, let you know what the best hosting options are for your blog.
- Really! Sign up for my free blogging course at the button on the top right of the site. This will walk you through setting up your blog step-by-step.
- Because I have found them to be very reliable (not to mention cheap with this link!) this is the hosting company we will be using.
Here are 11 things to consider before you start a blog.
1. You Can Make Money with Blogging
You must have been heard or seen people who are making a lot of money by just blogging. Yes, it’s possible to monetize your blog. It takes time, but once you have enough readers you will start making some small, yet passive income. When time goes by, your traffic numbers will increase as well as income. I’m not only talking about a few hundred dollars a month, but many people also earn their living from blogging.
I remember when I built my first blog that had almost 300 unique visitors per day at the end of the year. I spent many hours crafting blog posts and adding new fresh content. I sold it for $2800 and it was my first money ever earned on the Internet or as an entrepreneur. In fact, I’m still very proud of it and that’s the point where things started for me.
However, it’s nothing compared to this: Top 10 Famous Multi-Million Dollar Bloggers
2. Blogging is Easy
Yep. Blogging is actually really really easy. The hardest part (and it isn’t really that hard) is setting it up, but I’ve fully explained it on my homepage which you can read here. If you are able to write emails, then you are also able to run a blog.
With WordPress, you don’t have to deal with any website creation or HTML that is time-consuming and boring. The only thing you need to do is customize your blog with themes, add some cool plugins and write content. Once you get the grip of it, you will know exactly what to do.
3. Google Loves Blogs
When your blog is ready, Google crawls your pages and it will be listed on Google search. It means you will start receiving additional visitors from the search engines. Isn’t that great? Search engines help to bring new people to your blog that can become your new friends or future business partners.
4. Blogging Makes You a Better Person
Having a blog will surely make you a better person. Why? Well, blogging obviously improves your writing skills as well as communication skills. You will start thinking more intentionally about who you are and who you want to become. Furthermore, when you send a job application, many employers look for employees who have blogs and write openly about their life and opinion. So it would be a definite “plus” for you.
5. Blogging Helps Other People
You can spread your information and knowledge through blogging. Heck, you can even help other people with specific problems. Let’s say you have blogged about “mother care”. There are many women out there who are looking for help/solutions/ideas to raise up their children. Your knowledge or advice could be essential and very helpful.
The same thing goes with any other blog topic. EVERY blog helps other people in their own way. I remember when I started to get emails saying “Thanks for providing such valuable information”. It was very heart-warming and I still remember the feeling!
6. Self-promotion and New Opportunities
When you have a blog you basically have a “tool” or a “channel” to promote yourself or make you look like an expert. You’ll be amazed how many people start to respect you and I know many cases when employers actually contact blog owners directly to offer working positions or joint venture opportunities. This will open you a lot of doors that you might have not been aware of or dreamed of.
7. Use Blogs To Stay in Touch
Active people tend to have less time to sit on Facebook or any other social “chat-room”. Again, a blog can help you to keep in touch with your friends, colleagues, and relatives. They can easily read everything about your activities, ideas, and success through your blog. Be wise and use this as a communication tool.
8. You Can Make World a Better Place
When you have a blog, you actually have a voice. This means you can spread out all the things you like or don’t like. And those things can help you to change the world.
You have probably seen some blog articles or posts that have gone viral through Twitter and/or Facebook. Once they do that, they will get a lot of attention. Here’s an example story about how two young girls launched a blog post that helped to change their school conditions. For your information, they were only 9 and 13 at that time.
9. Blog Can Help To Grow Your Business
Does your company have a blog? If not, then you are missing a lot of it. Blogs can impart a lot of things about your company.
For example, your potential clients can read interesting stories about your company’s success, ideas, strategies and even new products that might turn them into regular paying customers. That’s a huge opportunity that lot a of small and big firms are not using.
Furthermore, companies who blog have 97% more inbound links (which means more traffic and visitors). – See it yourself.
10. Blogging Can Become Your Hobby
If you have too much free time and you are constantly browsing on the Web then you should really consider starting a blog.
You will soon get addicted to it (in a good way) and you will start learning a lot of things. So if you are bored right now then what are you waiting for? You will get a lot of good and new experiences, there is nothing to lose.
11. Blogging Helps to Improve Writing and Argumentation Skills (extra)
Back to the time when I was in college, my grammar, communication and argumentation skills were really poor. But these are very universal and necessary competences in everyday life and also in a professional career.
Blogging has had a huge impact on my writing skills since I started. Although it’s not perfect, I feel a lot more confident. The more you write, the easier it becomes. Blogging is quite new but there has already been a ton of research done on blogging and enhancing writing skills.
Some interesting facts
- There are approximately 130 million active blog readers in the US right now.
- 90% of companies who blog daily have acquired at least one customer (probably much more) through blogging.
- 80% of the US online consumers trust the information they get from blogs.
- 61% of US online consumers have made a purchase based on recommendations from a blog.
- Blogging is most popular in the age group of 20 – 35-year-old. It’s over 50% of the total blogging population.
Are you ready? Now It’s YOUR turn.
So do you want to start a blog as well? If yes, head over to my homepage and learn how to create a blog on your own.