Last Updated on
Vlogging tripods are probably the most important accessory you can add to a videography and vlogging kit. They’re the compact (sometimes) and leggy little superheroes, giving you steadier footage from better angles.
If you’re in the market for a new vlogging tripod, read on. Are you a first-time tripod buyer? Stay with me. We’re going to look at the top 10 vlogging cameras – some are ideal for beginners, others are made for professionals.
How do you choose the best vlog camera tripod? The same you chose the best camera, by using simple match-making logic. Do you need versatility and flexible legs? A tripod for YouTube videos? Are you filming professional angles indoors? Do you need height, or are you after better height support? Identify your needs and match them with our top 10 vlogging tripod picks.
You might also like:
Best Vlogging Tripods comparison
|Product Image||Model Name||Best for||Buy|
|Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod||Compact camera setup||Check Amazon price|
|Joby Griptight One Gorillapod||Versatility and convenience||Check Amazon price|
|Joby JB01503 GorillaPod 1K Kit||Studio/Indoor use||Check Amazon price|
|Sirui 3T-35K Plus Top Tripod||Fast and easy setup||Check Amazon price|
|Manfrotto Compact Action Tripod||Entry level DSLR kit||Check Amazon price|
|Manfrotto PIXI EVO 2||Mini tripod for DSLR kit||Check Amazon price|
|Joby Gorillapod 3k||Mounting larger camera kits in difficult places||Check Amazon price|
|Magnus VT-4000||High-end features at a low cost||Check Amazon price|
|Manfrotto MVMXPROA4 Mono Pod||“Selfie stick” shots and elevated shots||Check Amazon price|
|Joby Gorillapod Magnetic||Interesting angles and mounting options||Check Amazon price|
Best vlogging tripods: Here are the top choices
- Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod
- Joby Griptight One Gorillapod
- Joby JB01503 GorillaPod 1K Kit
- Sirui 3T-35K Plus Top Tripod
- Manfrotto Compact Action Tripod
- Manfrotto PIXI EVO 2
- Joby Gorillapod 3k
- Magnus VT-4000
- Manfrotto MVMXPROA4 Mono Pod
- JOBY GorillaPod Magnetic
Did you know that there is more carbon dioxide in our atmosphere today than any time in history?
We take pride in reducing our carbon footprint with the #1 Green Hosting Platform
Their servers operate on 100% Wind Energy, so you can help the climate for a super affordable price (through us) while benefiting from the best features a hosting platform has to offer.
You’ll even get a FREE domain name with them!
Help save the planet. Get your web hosting with GreenGeeks now.
1. Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod (Best lightweight vlog tripod for on-the-go vlogging)
It’s not only the sleek Italian design and satisfying push button locking mechanism that has everyone interested in the PIXI Mini but also the amount of features Manfrotto has included that makes this one of the best vlogging tripods if you need something lightweight.
At 5,3’ tall when open, and being compact, it can be placed anywhere with minimal fuss while the rubber feet guarantee your equipment stays in place.
Closing the legs of the tripod reveals a stylish 7.2’ tapered grip and with 35° tilt ball head and simple locking mechanism, switching from a static shot to vlogging on-the-go can be done in one fluid motion.
Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod pros and cons
- Lightweight compact design
- Easy to use locking mechanism
- Multifunction use and accessories
- Poor load weight capacity
- Limited height
- Maximum tilt of 35°
2. Joby Griptight One Gorillapod (Best Iphone tripod with remote)
Designed to turn your smartphone into a professional vlogging tool, the Joby Griptight One Gorillapod is a robust, flexible vlog tripod and it can hold a phone of almost any shape or size, making it one of the best vlogging tripods to use in difficult conditions.
There have been a few flexible tripods before this one, but the Joby Griptight is the first to take it to the next extreme with added features and interesting accessories, like its iPhone holder’s ability to stretch over 3.5 inches in width. This makes it one of the top Iphone tripod with remote (optional accessory) to use in conditions that call for added flexibility and maneuverability.
The ball-head mechanism is made from stainless steel, giving you pretty much unrivalled quality and durability. It also means you have precision in your angles and guaranteed sturdiness.
Joby Griptight One Gorillapod pros and cons
- Redesigned, wider smartphone grip
- Hook or wrap legs around any object
- Easy to mount on uneven surfaces
- Limited to smartphones at 0.71lb load capacity
- Short legs can be unstable
3. Joby JB01503 GorillaPod 1K Kit (Best all-purpose vlogging tripod)
If you’re looking for convenience, the Joby JB01503 GorillaPod 1K Kit has some of the fastest set up and take down abilities. Its diversity of features makes it one of the best vlogging tripods in terms of versatility – it even doubles as a handheld tripod for vlogging.
Regardless of your niche and your environment, this device is going to get the job done with smoothness and precision. This tripod is also compact enough to fit into a small bag or a lady’s purse, making it ideal for travel vloggers or vacationers.
Despite its versatility and compact size, it handles heavier devices with great ease, including those like the Panasonic GX-8 mirrorless camera with its full range of lenses. That said, many users feel it should carry a better weight range.
Joby JB01503 GorillaPod 1K Kit pros and cons
- Stainless steel ball joint head
- 90° tilt and easy screw tightened locking head
- Doesn’t carry heavier weight ranges well
4. Sirui 3T-35K Plus Top Tripod (Best camera tripod for vlogging indoors)
For a higher price, you can expect a professional piece of equipment. Ideal for those who are filming or photographing indoors, this tripod is a no-fuss sophisticated design with excellent features for the experienced photographer or videographer.
Ideal for a professional set up, this camera tripod for vlogging is designed for level surfaces and indoor use. The features are better suited to mirrorless cameras and lenses as opposed to smart phone usage by vloggers. It’s not exactly lightweight, so it isn’t the ideal travel tripod.
Sirui 3T-35K Table Top Tripod pros and cons
- 360 degree panorama base and a vertical notch for portrait shooting.
- Carabiner included to easily attach to a bag or belt.
- Super smooth professional function
- No versatility
- Difficult to transport
- Possibly excessive for smartphone vloggers
5. Manfrotto Compact Action Tripod (Best entry-level vlogging camera tripod)
There’s a reason this vlogging camera tripod has earned an Amazon’s Choice badge. It’s well built and robust. It’s straightforward to set up and use – no confusing features, just simplicity and functionality. Basically, this tripod scores 5-stars in terms of quality and ease of use.
Keep in mind this is not a full size tripod; it’s a mini. There is a weight limit, so purchase it for smaller, lighter cameras (the heaviest it can comfortably handle is something like the Oly M5 II with the 14-150 Mk II lens).
Manfrotto Compact Action Tripod pros and cons
- Includes a special adapter for higher-specification cameras
- High-quality aluminum design
- Perfect for entry-level SLRs with standard lenses
- Very basic - no fancy features
6. Manfrotto PIXI EVO 2 (Best mini tripod for DSLR kit)
This tripod is easily one of the most convenient and the best tripod for vlogging if you are traveling with a DSLR. It will fit snuggle in your luggage and the set up is fairly simple.
Pay close attention to the specified weight limits; the less-than-rigid neck will see some vibration in your footage if you overload it. That said, it handles the weight of a Canon 5D Mark III with a 24-105 L lens beautifully, even in windy conditions.
While DSLR vloggers will appreciate this tripod, it’s also great for vloggers making use of action cameras. This tripod performs best with a lighter weight on it.
Manfrotto PIXI EVO 2 pros and cons
- Best tripod for vlogging with entry level DSLR
- Built-in ball head
- Adjustable legs and leg angles
- Cheap construction
- Neck isn't very rigid
7. Joby Gorillapod 3k (Best tripod for vlogging with larger camera kits)
If you’re looking for unbeatable quality when it comes to mounting larger cameras and kits, the Joby Gorlliapod 3k boasts Japanese medical-grade ABS plastic and German TPE in the joints. It’s tough and it’s versatile.
This tripod is a great way to hold a camera on an uneven surface, so it’s well-suited to outdoor use and for use by action and travel vloggers or photographers.
Joby Gorillapod 3k pros and cons
- Flexible: You can secure professional camera equipment to virtually any surface
- Strong: Supports up to 6.6 lbs
- Stable: Rubberized ring and foot grips
- Doesn’t always support the weight of all the lenses
8. Magnus VT-4000 (Best high-end features at a low cost)
Solid, sturdy, and robust. This heavier tripod offers ultra smooth panning, it’s super easy to set up and it has very effective tilt and pan locks. It supports a DSLR beautifully, even in windy conditions, making it a popular choice with many videographers both in the amateur and professional niches.
The tripod is large and rather heavy, but it comes with a special carry bag that makes transportation easier. It is loved for its fluid head – which is why it’s a great buy at this price, provided you don’t mind that it’s a bit bulky.
Magnus VT-4000 pros and cons
- Fixed Pan / Tilt Drag | +20/-25mm Slide
- Quick Release Plate
- Tilt Angle +90 ° / -60 °
9. Manfrotto MVMXPROA4 Mono Pod(Best for elevated shots)
This tripod is ideal for capturing those elevated shots, thanks to the great height. It requires a stable and flat surface; it’s not an adjustable tripod.
Considering its size, it is actually very easy to transport. It’s easy to get the pan you want thanks to the mount at the bottom, but this camera’s real skill lies in getting those super smooth tilts. Overall, the design is compact and the quality is decent.
This tripod is a great mixture between sturdiness and lightweight compactness for easy travel. It’s easy to set up and works like a charm. Users recommend adding a ball head to support heavier cameras.
Manfrotto MVMXPROA4 Mono Pod pros and cons
- FLUIDTECH base for smooth movements in all directions
- Great operating height for overhead shooting
- Great for high angles
- Better at smooth tilts, not great with smooth pans
- Non-adjustable tension ball
- Mediocre stability
10. Joby Gorillapod Magnetic (Best mounting options)
This is the spiderman of tripods and it doubles as the best handheld tripod for an iphone. Take it anywhere with you; it’s a pocket-sized superhero when it comes to filming. The magnetic feet give you more versatility with your shots and a greater level of control over your angles.
Each black ball is a fully articulated joint, giving you the ability to mould the legs into any shape or position. The magnets are limited to supporting something that is lighter than an iPhone 7 but the legs are able to wrap around anything, making up for the magnets’ weight restrictions and limitations.
The features grab the attention of many vloggers and action photographers, and if that doesn’t get you, the alien-robot appearance of the device certainly will. It comfortably holds a GoPro, most smart phones, and other lightweight compact cameras.
Joby Gorillapod Magnetic pros and cons
- Lightweight to transport
- Endless angles to shoot from
- The hot shoe release is very fast
- You need tools to attach the camera securely
- The magnets aren’t very powerful
Best Vlogging Tripods: key takeaways
- A tripod must support the weight of your camera with ease.
- Flexible tripod legs are ideal for travel and action vloggers.
- Rigid heavy tripods are great for professional indoor shots.
- Lightweight and compact tripods are best for travel vloggers.
- Purchase a tripod with a robust design.
- Tripods that are easy to use are great for beginner vloggers.
Best Vlogging Tripods FAQs
- Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod
- Joby Griptight One Gorillapod
- Joby JB01503 GorillaPod
- Sirui 3T-35K Plus
- Manfrotto Compact Action
- Manfrotto PIXI EVO 2
- Joby Gorillapod 3k
Vloggers use the tripod that suits their purposes best. Vloggers who film outdoors might enjoy the Manfrotto range for its versatility.
A gimbal is not a vlogging requirement; it’s a great accessory that makes it easier to capture steady footage. A tripod can give you the same effect; good quality tripods come with smooth panning and great tilting features.
Some tripods are small and compact, especially those designed to hold a smartphone. These lightweight tripods can fit into a handbag, a suitcase, or a camera bag with a side compartment. Heavier tripods come with their own carry bags to simplify transportation.
You don’t have to have a tripod when you start your travel vlog but it certainly makes filming far easier and it gives you a more professional end result. While you’re on the road, find ways to make filming less stressful and more enjoyable.
Extend the legs and release them from the top rather than the bottom. Make sure one of the legs is facing the same direction as the lens. Clip the base plate to the tripod and use it to mount the camera.